All UFT chapter leader and delegate should Vote NO so that they can bring back the agreement to their chapters for a full vote.
Join MORE this Thursday to demand a member wide vote on our new evaluation system at 52 Broadway NYC UFT Headquarters on Thursday 1/17 beginning at 3:30 for a rally before the Delegate Assembly (DA). All educators and concerned citizens are encouraged to come and have their voices heard.
The indications are very strong the UFT leadership will reach an evaluation agreement with the Department of Education in just a few days and present it the Delegate Assembly without membership input nor education around finer aspects of the deal.This agreement will radically change our working conditions and our students’ learning conditions without any input from the almost 76,000 teachers of the United Federation of Teachers. This is outrageous!We will send out a digital version of our flier soon-please sign up to email below. We will have copies at DA for distribution starting at 3:30. Bring signs, fliers, poster-oak tag, markers, clipboards, and pens, we will need volunteers to gather names, emails, and phone #’s
A DEFENSE OF SOCIAL JUSTICE UNIONISM | assailedteacher -
January 18, 2013
[...] yesterday’s rally at UFT headquarters was any indication, that awakening is happening. This is why I support social [...]
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Why Vote MORE?
- Congratulations to @coreteachers and Pres. Lewis- the struggle gains more strength to save our public schools together #solidarity #1u 9 hours ago
- @maxberger @sarahljaffe @DavidKaib MORE- is a rank and file led social justice caucus of the UFT MOREcaucusnyc.org 9 hours ago
- RT @juliecavanagh15: @KenzoShibata @MSGunderson Congratulations! Your example guides us. Your commitment and vision inspires us. @MOREcaucu… 9 hours ago
- Stop School Closings Everywhere- NYC Chicago Philadelphia. Public schools are the centers of our communities. 13 hours ago
- Stop School Closings Everywhere NYC Philadelphia Chicago #walkout215 13 hours ago