Look for the contingent with banners, signs and stickers for Strong Services, Full Retro Pay, and No Givebacks!
Wear RED and bring copies of this flyer to distribute.
Noon – Union Square South
4pm – Chambers Street and Broadway
Over 1000 public workers have signed a petition saying that the money is there to improve public services and also resolved public worker contracts after at least four years without a raise. Let’s take that to the streets and make sure there will no givebacks and we our full retroactive pay raises.
Get involved with the struggle on May 2nd and beyond:
- like the coalition at PublicWorkersUnited.net
- come to the next meeting, discuss how to open up bargaining & create “Public dialogue for public services” – Thursday May 8, 6pm, Atrium – NW corner of 56th and Madison
- join the over 1000 public workers, activists and elected leaders, who have signed a petition for full retro pay – published in the Chief newspaper – http://chn.ge/1cFeQTo
- distribute this flyer to co-workers & at other workplaces / transit hubs (download from site)
- join the campaign to get City Council to pledge to oppose a budget that doesn’t include full retro pay.