MORE is excited to announce our 2017 Convention – Friday October 13th and Saturday October 14th!
Please register here to attend – check out more info on Facebook – Print and distribute the flyer to your colleagues!
FRIDAY, Oct.13th 7pm-10pm Project REACH Youth – 39 Eldridge Street, 4th Fl, NYC
Hear from speakers, socializing, refreshments
SATURDAY, Oct.14th 9am-5pm P.S. 58 The Carroll School – 330 Smith St, Bklyn
Plenary, workshops, Discuss, debate & decide our priorities for the coming year.
Breakfast and Lunch Available. Childcare available – RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/7
Participate in workshops & discussions on how to challenge the inaction of the UFT leadership while we develop a union that will fight for teacher rights and for the schools our students deserve.
- Let’s continue to organize our schools.
- Let’s build alliances & get support from parents and community organizations.
- Let’s increase our membership;
- Expand our seats on the UFT Exec Board
- Increase MORE Chapter Leaders & Delegates.
We must transform the narrative of the education reformers as they push harder then ever to privatize our entire educational system and destroy our union!
Be part of this two-day convention!
Attend workshops. Socialize with friends. Meet educators from across the region. Engage in MORE member-driven decision making for the coming year!
- Support all UFT members’ rights including our most experienced teachers
- Fight for healthy workspaces without bullying from supervisors
- Make sure our union guarantees Special Education Compliance for students and for staff
- Strong contract! Enforced contract!
- End school segregation
- Increase Teacher Diversity
- Teacher Evaluation System decided by school staff
- Money for schools not war! Disburse the CFE funds immediately
- Reduce Class Size and Stop Co-Locations
- Support parents’ right to opt-out until there are alternatives to rote and standardized testing
- Defend immigrant rights and DACA! Liaison for every school