10 actions you can take to help prevent an unsafe return to school in September
Educate yourself with these resources on reopening:
- MORE’s Health Justice Agenda
- COVID 19 Health Information
- Complete list of school reopening resources – from studies to lesson plans
Actions you and your coworkers can take
- Organizing 101 workshop – Learn how to organize your coworkers! Workshop Materials + Full Presentation
- Take the Survey: What are you willing to do to stop the DOE’s unsafe reopening plan?
- Share the Petition to Stop Unsafe Reopening
- Encourage staff to apply for medical accommodation: Apply here. Template medical letter. Deadline for expedited review July 31st.
- Encourage families to opt their kids into remote learning. Sample letter to Parents.
- August 3rd National Day of Action: FB Event
- August 19th PEP: mobilize our coworkers to send Carranza a message
- Pickets outside of schools warning parents of how unsafe schools
- September: rolling sickouts organized to minimize Taylor Law risks
- Strike vote referendum