- UFT members at the City College Academy of the Arts (196th and Broadway in upper Manhattan) will be working outside today. They would welcome supporters so if anyone who works near that school can stop by for a few minutes that would be appreciated.
- Two UFT chapters in lower Manhattan notified their administrations that their members would work from home today because of persistent safety violations in their school buildings.
- UFT members at the Metropolitan Expeditionary Learning School in Queens published an opinion column in The Washington Post detailing the myriad problems with the city’s hybrid model.
- UFT members along with parents participated in this morning’s “wake up call” rally in which they made noise from their windows to protest an unsafe reopening. These rallies will continue throughout the week.
- UFT members in Queens will gather at IS 230 (73-10 34th Avenue) at 4:00 PM and march east on 34th.
- District 20 UFT members, students, and parents are meeting in front of 65 Court Street on at 4 pm to protest the DOE’s lack of a safety response despite the fact that the district is in a Covid Hot Zone (above 3% positive tests for those tested). They will meet the march coming from Manhattan at 4:30 in front of borough hall.
- UFT members at Murry Bergtraum high school are protesting against unsafe working conditions and will rally outside their school at 3:30 and march to Brooklyn
- MORE members around the city are circulating the MORE petition for a fully remote start to the school year.
Sign up to get the MORE Daily Bulletin each day!